Moving into a new home or apartment can be both exciting and stressful at the same time. But after the last box has been unpacked, you might feel like your new home doesn’t quite feel like it’s totally yours. If your place is feeling more like a hotel and less like your own, use these five tips to make your new house feel more like a home.
Display decorations from your last home. Still waiting to unpack that favorite sculpture your daughter made in art class or that massive fake orchid? Displaying decorations from your old home can help you feel a stronger connection to your new home. If you haven’t totally unpacked yet, focus on finding a place for your favorite pieces.
Burn your favorite candle. Do you have a signature scent? Our brains strongly connect scents with memories. Burning a favorite candle that you used to use in your old home can reignite good feelings and make your new home feel cozier.
Hang some art. Research has shown that looking at art can reduce stress and make you feel more comfortable in your home. Don’t have a favorite piece? Research local artists in your community and see what they have for sale!
Give your pet his or her own space. Your pet is more than just an animal—he or she is an important member of your family. Pick up a new pet bed, dust off your bird cage, or do something else to give your furry or feathery friend a space that’s all his or her own to make your home instantly feel more personalized.
Hold a get-together with friends. There’s no better way to feel more at home in your place than by making new memories! Pretty In Paint Parties hosts youth and adult painting parties in Milwaukee County from the comfort of your own home. Invite a few friends over, book your party, and let the good times roll!
Pretty In Paint Parties is proud to help you connect with friends and family with fun and affordable painting parties. Our artists can even help you do a little good and organize a party to benefit your favorite charity. To schedule your own painting party or find more art fundraiser ideas, give Pretty In Paint Parties a call today!
Self-care is about more than just bubble baths and face masks. At its heart, self-care is a way for busy men and women to reconnect with themselves and their passions and to take steps toward a healthier and more focused lifestyle. If you’ve been neglecting yourself in favor of work, children, or other obligations, take some time to get back in-touch with the things you love with one of these five great self-care ideas.
Who doesn’t need a little extra money in their budget? Many assume that earning more money means picking up another part-time job at the mall or your local shopping center, but the truth is that there are plenty of ways to earn money doing something you’re passionate about! If you’re searching for a fun way to earn a little more cash for the summer, try out one of our fun and exciting ideas.
- Host a podcast. From gardening to video games, there are podcast listeners tuning into shows about every topic on the planet. Recording a podcast is a fun way to share information about your passions while also earning a little money on the side. All you need to begin podcasting is a computer and a microphone, and you can even record simple solo shows on your cell phone. Then, upload your podcast to YouTube or BuzzSprout and enable ads—the more people who listen, the more money you’ll earn!
- Stream a video game on Twitch. Do you love to game? Twitch.com is a video game streaming platform that allows anyone to broadcast their gameplay to viewers all around the world. Free computer games (like League of Legends and Fortnite) attract a surprisingly large number of viewers, and audience members who have a great time listening to your commentary and watching you play can give you a tip or subscribe to your channel as a way of saying “thank you.”
- Become a Pretty In Paint Parties franchisee. Are you passionate about pursuing a career in the arts and teaching others about the joy of painting? Pretty In Paint Parties is a mobile art studio hosting painting parties across the country—and we’re looking for budding artists to join our team! Earn money and host a paint party today when you become a Pretty In Paint Parties instructor!
Want to learn more about hosting your own painting party or becoming an instructor? Give Pretty In Paint Parties a call today at 800-381-9512!
Could you ever imagine spending a million dollars on a painting? What about 300 million? Around the world, art collectors are willing to pay top dollar to own pieces that helped shape the history of painting and art. Some of the most valuable pieces of artwork ever sold at auction include…
- Salvator Mundi by Leonardo da Vinci. Leonardo da Vinci is most well-known for masterpiece, the Mona Lisa. However, his other works of art are also priceless—including the most expensive painting ever sold at auction, a depiction of Jesus Christ titled Salvator Mundi that netted over $450 million.
- Interchange by Willem de Kooning. An important remnant of the abstract era, Interchange sold at auction for about $300 million. The painting features bold strokes and striking shades of red, blue, and yellow.
- The Card Players by Paul Cézanne. The Card Players is a series of paintings created by Paul Cézanne during the late 1800’s that were formulated before he created some of his most acclaimed works. The set sold at auction in Florida for $250 million in 2011. As the name suggests, the series features a set of men playing table games and smoking cigars.
- Nafea Faa Ipoipo by Paul Gauguin. Nafea Faa Ipoipo, whose title translates to “When Will You Marry Me?”, is an oil painting by French post-impressionist Paul Gauguin. The painting was sold at auction for a whopping $210 million. It is the most expensive painting ever sold at auction to feature women of color as the subject.
Do you have a passion for art and painting? Hosting a paint party in your home is the perfect way to welcome the spring season, celebrate a special occasion, or just enjoy some time with friends! If you’d like to learn more about how art parties with Pretty in Paint Parties work, give our team a call today at 800-381-9512 to learn more or to schedule your party today!