Are you starting to feel a little stir-crazy due to the current stay-at-home and lockdown orders? There are tons of fun ways to get creative at home during the current COVID-19 quarantine. If you’re looking for a new way to flex your creative muscles, consider these five fun in-home hobbies.
Staying at home with the kids is a full-time job, in and of itself. However, if you have time for an extra side-hustle when the kids are busy or at school, there are some great options out there. Here are five top options for you to consider.
If you have a grade-schooler in your family, you likely already know how chaotic birthday time can be. So many kids want to invite all their friends over to their house for a big party, but that also means a big mess left for mom and dad to clean up the rest of the day. Cleanup can even stretch for days after the event if the party’s big enough.
If you work in a creative career or you have a creative passion that you work on frequently, you’re probably intimately familiar with the feeling of having your creative juices run dry. While it’s normal for every artist to get stuck in a rut, there are a few easy steps you can take to enhance your creativity and get motivated again. Let’s take a look at a few strategies you can use to get your creative juices flowing again.
Parents who know that their little one has a passion for art want to do everything they can to encourage their child’s creative development. But art goes far beyond coloring books and crayons — there are tons of different styles of art that your child might excel in. If you have a creative kid, consider introducing him or her to one of these 5 popular art styles.
The holidays aren’t just about eating yummy food and buying presents for your loved ones. It’s also the season to think about how you can give back to those in your community who are less fortunate. If you’re in the giving mood this winter, consider lending a helping hand in your local area. Use these 5 ideas to get started!
For many of us, the holiday season involves stressful checklists, countless dinner parties, chaotic shopping sessions, and lots of running around. Children, however, get to enjoy all the excitement of the holiday through a lens that filters out all of the “behind the scenes” tasks. With help from Pretty in Paint Parties, your kids and their friends will remember the best parts of the holidays, just as they should. If you’re planning a holiday party in your home and you know there will be small children present, use these five quick tips for an absolutely festive event:
- Gingerbread house making contest. Nothing screams the holidays like a good ole’ fashioned gingerbread house. Of course, with kids claiming their spots as master decorators, you’ll be left judging some of the most creative houses yet. Set up a kid-friendly gingerbread house contest at your next holiday party and watch the excitement flow!
- Holiday photo booth. Set up a table of a variety of holiday props for some adorable, festive shots. From turkey snoods and beaks, to antlers and elf ears, let their holiday spirit shine as they gather around the camera with their chosen props.
- Make it an art party. Art parties for kids in McHenry County can take your holiday party from merry to magnificent! Get the fun going with a night of fun and creativity this holiday season with Pretty in Paint Parties!
- Play plenty of games. Plenty of fun and games will give kids an evening to remember! Games like holiday bingo, a candy hunt, pin the tail on the reindeer, and musical chairs are all holiday games that will entertain both kids and adults!
It’s important to embrace all the wonders of the holidays so you can enjoy these months as much as your little ones do. Start by booking your holiday kids paint party in McHenry County with Pretty in Paint Parties! If you’d like to learn more about the Pretty in Paint team or you’re ready to lock down your booking, give us a call today at 800-381-9512!
Looking to get a few friends together for a night in? Spice things up with these three easy-to-make cocktails! Each one perfectly complements any movie night or adult painting party in Jefferson, WI and doesn’t require a ton of complicated ingredients. Add one or more to the menu at your next party!
Creative play is crucial for a young child’s development. Kids are naturally curious, and creative play allows them to develop their imagination, problem-solving skills, and ability to get along with others. Setting aside some time every week to allow your child to explore his or her imagination can help boost your little one’s confidence and self-esteem as well.
Not sure how to start engaging your toddler in creative play? Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- Picture books. Reading a picture book together with your little one is a great way to stimulate both creativity and literary skills. Keep your toddler interested in what’s going on by asking questions about the situations in the story. Small yet engaging questions like “what would you do if you had magic powers?” or “do you think the rabbit will win the race?” can do wonders to get your toddler’s imagination flowing.
- Musical instruments. Kids love to make their own music — and you don’t need an expensive instrument to teach your child all about the fun of music. A wooden spoon and a turned over pot can be just as much fun as a store-bought drum. If you do decide to buy your child an instrument, choose one that’s easy for a toddler to master. Some toddler favorites include xylophones, harmonicas, and maracas.
- Arts and crafts. From drawing with chalk to creating with watercolors, kids love to create art. Help your little one get in touch with his or her creative side by joining in on the arts and crafts fun. You can even host a painting party for kids in Waukesha County to encourage teamwork as well as creativity!
At Pretty in Paint Parties, we love to help both children and adults unlock their passion for art. We make it easy to throw an art-centered birthday celebration, fundraiser, or even a non-traditional bachelorette party. If you’d like more information about our parties or some fun art fundraiser ideas for your next get-together, give us a call today at 800-381-9512.
Few things are quite as rewarding as giving back to your community. Unfortunately, not every charity devotes the entirety of their budget to the people or cause that they want to help. Certain charities give as little as 1% of their donations to their cause, spending the rest on marketing and administrative efforts.