Parents who know that their little one has a passion for art want to do everything they can to encourage their child’s creative development. But art goes far beyond coloring books and crayons — there are tons of different styles of art that your child might excel in. If you have a creative kid, consider introducing him or her to one of these 5 popular art styles.
The holidays aren’t just about eating yummy food and buying presents for your loved ones. It’s also the season to think about how you can give back to those in your community who are less fortunate. If you’re in the giving mood this winter, consider lending a helping hand in your local area. Use these 5 ideas to get started!
For many of us, the holiday season involves stressful checklists, countless dinner parties, chaotic shopping sessions, and lots of running around. Children, however, get to enjoy all the excitement of the holiday through a lens that filters out all of the “behind the scenes” tasks. With help from Pretty in Paint Parties, your kids and their friends will remember the best parts of the holidays, just as they should. If you’re planning a holiday party in your home and you know there will be small children present, use these five quick tips for an absolutely festive event:
- Gingerbread house making contest. Nothing screams the holidays like a good ole’ fashioned gingerbread house. Of course, with kids claiming their spots as master decorators, you’ll be left judging some of the most creative houses yet. Set up a kid-friendly gingerbread house contest at your next holiday party and watch the excitement flow!
- Holiday photo booth. Set up a table of a variety of holiday props for some adorable, festive shots. From turkey snoods and beaks, to antlers and elf ears, let their holiday spirit shine as they gather around the camera with their chosen props.
- Make it an art party. Art parties for kids in McHenry County can take your holiday party from merry to magnificent! Get the fun going with a night of fun and creativity this holiday season with Pretty in Paint Parties!
- Play plenty of games. Plenty of fun and games will give kids an evening to remember! Games like holiday bingo, a candy hunt, pin the tail on the reindeer, and musical chairs are all holiday games that will entertain both kids and adults!
It’s important to embrace all the wonders of the holidays so you can enjoy these months as much as your little ones do. Start by booking your holiday kids paint party in McHenry County with Pretty in Paint Parties! If you’d like to learn more about the Pretty in Paint team or you’re ready to lock down your booking, give us a call today at 800-381-9512!
Looking to get a few friends together for a night in? Spice things up with these three easy-to-make cocktails! Each one perfectly complements any movie night or adult painting party in Jefferson, WI and doesn’t require a ton of complicated ingredients. Add one or more to the menu at your next party!
Creative play is crucial for a young child’s development. Kids are naturally curious, and creative play allows them to develop their imagination, problem-solving skills, and ability to get along with others. Setting aside some time every week to allow your child to explore his or her imagination can help boost your little one’s confidence and self-esteem as well.
Not sure how to start engaging your toddler in creative play? Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- Picture books. Reading a picture book together with your little one is a great way to stimulate both creativity and literary skills. Keep your toddler interested in what’s going on by asking questions about the situations in the story. Small yet engaging questions like “what would you do if you had magic powers?” or “do you think the rabbit will win the race?” can do wonders to get your toddler’s imagination flowing.
- Musical instruments. Kids love to make their own music — and you don’t need an expensive instrument to teach your child all about the fun of music. A wooden spoon and a turned over pot can be just as much fun as a store-bought drum. If you do decide to buy your child an instrument, choose one that’s easy for a toddler to master. Some toddler favorites include xylophones, harmonicas, and maracas.
- Arts and crafts. From drawing with chalk to creating with watercolors, kids love to create art. Help your little one get in touch with his or her creative side by joining in on the arts and crafts fun. You can even host a painting party for kids in Waukesha County to encourage teamwork as well as creativity!
At Pretty in Paint Parties, we love to help both children and adults unlock their passion for art. We make it easy to throw an art-centered birthday celebration, fundraiser, or even a non-traditional bachelorette party. If you’d like more information about our parties or some fun art fundraiser ideas for your next get-together, give us a call today at 800-381-9512.
Few things are quite as rewarding as giving back to your community. Unfortunately, not every charity devotes the entirety of their budget to the people or cause that they want to help. Certain charities give as little as 1% of their donations to their cause, spending the rest on marketing and administrative efforts.
Moving into a new home or apartment can be both exciting and stressful at the same time. But after the last box has been unpacked, you might feel like your new home doesn’t quite feel like it’s totally yours. If your place is feeling more like a hotel and less like your own, use these five tips to make your new house feel more like a home.
Display decorations from your last home. Still waiting to unpack that favorite sculpture your daughter made in art class or that massive fake orchid? Displaying decorations from your old home can help you feel a stronger connection to your new home. If you haven’t totally unpacked yet, focus on finding a place for your favorite pieces.
Burn your favorite candle. Do you have a signature scent? Our brains strongly connect scents with memories. Burning a favorite candle that you used to use in your old home can reignite good feelings and make your new home feel cozier.
Hang some art. Research has shown that looking at art can reduce stress and make you feel more comfortable in your home. Don’t have a favorite piece? Research local artists in your community and see what they have for sale!
Give your pet his or her own space. Your pet is more than just an animal—he or she is an important member of your family. Pick up a new pet bed, dust off your bird cage, or do something else to give your furry or feathery friend a space that’s all his or her own to make your home instantly feel more personalized.
Hold a get-together with friends. There’s no better way to feel more at home in your place than by making new memories! Pretty In Paint Parties hosts youth and adult painting parties in Milwaukee County from the comfort of your own home. Invite a few friends over, book your party, and let the good times roll!
Pretty In Paint Parties is proud to help you connect with friends and family with fun and affordable painting parties. Our artists can even help you do a little good and organize a party to benefit your favorite charity. To schedule your own painting party or find more art fundraiser ideas, give Pretty In Paint Parties a call today!
Self-care is about more than just bubble baths and face masks. At its heart, self-care is a way for busy men and women to reconnect with themselves and their passions and to take steps toward a healthier and more focused lifestyle. If you’ve been neglecting yourself in favor of work, children, or other obligations, take some time to get back in-touch with the things you love with one of these five great self-care ideas.
Who doesn’t need a little extra money in their budget? Many assume that earning more money means picking up another part-time job at the mall or your local shopping center, but the truth is that there are plenty of ways to earn money doing something you’re passionate about! If you’re searching for a fun way to earn a little more cash for the summer, try out one of our fun and exciting ideas.
- Host a podcast. From gardening to video games, there are podcast listeners tuning into shows about every topic on the planet. Recording a podcast is a fun way to share information about your passions while also earning a little money on the side. All you need to begin podcasting is a computer and a microphone, and you can even record simple solo shows on your cell phone. Then, upload your podcast to YouTube or BuzzSprout and enable ads—the more people who listen, the more money you’ll earn!
- Stream a video game on Twitch. Do you love to game? Twitch.com is a video game streaming platform that allows anyone to broadcast their gameplay to viewers all around the world. Free computer games (like League of Legends and Fortnite) attract a surprisingly large number of viewers, and audience members who have a great time listening to your commentary and watching you play can give you a tip or subscribe to your channel as a way of saying “thank you.”
- Become a Pretty In Paint Parties franchisee. Are you passionate about pursuing a career in the arts and teaching others about the joy of painting? Pretty In Paint Parties is a mobile art studio hosting painting parties across the country—and we’re looking for budding artists to join our team! Earn money and host a paint party today when you become a Pretty In Paint Parties instructor!
Want to learn more about hosting your own painting party or becoming an instructor? Give Pretty In Paint Parties a call today at 800-381-9512!
Could you ever imagine spending a million dollars on a painting? What about 300 million? Around the world, art collectors are willing to pay top dollar to own pieces that helped shape the history of painting and art. Some of the most valuable pieces of artwork ever sold at auction include…
- Salvator Mundi by Leonardo da Vinci. Leonardo da Vinci is most well-known for masterpiece, the Mona Lisa. However, his other works of art are also priceless—including the most expensive painting ever sold at auction, a depiction of Jesus Christ titled Salvator Mundi that netted over $450 million.
- Interchange by Willem de Kooning. An important remnant of the abstract era, Interchange sold at auction for about $300 million. The painting features bold strokes and striking shades of red, blue, and yellow.
- The Card Players by Paul Cézanne. The Card Players is a series of paintings created by Paul Cézanne during the late 1800’s that were formulated before he created some of his most acclaimed works. The set sold at auction in Florida for $250 million in 2011. As the name suggests, the series features a set of men playing table games and smoking cigars.
- Nafea Faa Ipoipo by Paul Gauguin. Nafea Faa Ipoipo, whose title translates to “When Will You Marry Me?”, is an oil painting by French post-impressionist Paul Gauguin. The painting was sold at auction for a whopping $210 million. It is the most expensive painting ever sold at auction to feature women of color as the subject.
Do you have a passion for art and painting? Hosting a paint party in your home is the perfect way to welcome the spring season, celebrate a special occasion, or just enjoy some time with friends! If you’d like to learn more about how art parties with Pretty in Paint Parties work, give our team a call today at 800-381-9512 to learn more or to schedule your party today!