Are you starting to feel a little stir-crazy due to the current stay-at-home and lockdown orders? There are tons of fun ways to get creative at home during the current COVID-19 quarantine. If you’re looking for a new way to flex your creative muscles, consider these five fun in-home hobbies.
- Calligraphy. Have you ever wanted to learn how to create beautiful, detailed party invitations or stationery designs? Calligraphy sets are affordable and fun — and anyone can start in just a few hours.
- Painting. You don’t need to have Leonardo da Vinci’s talent to start painting! When the current quarantine ends, you can even consider hosting your own adult painting party in Milwaukee County to celebrate with friends!
- Knitting. If you have a passion for fashion, consider picking up knitting. Design books can teach you how to create everything from hats to shawls — and you can further customize them by choosing yarn that matches your style!
- Get creative in the kitchen. Many people are surprised to learn just how much room for creativity there is when cooking or baking. If you have children, enlist their help to whip up some sweet treats in the kitchen — and be sure to enjoy frosting them after they’re done!
- Learn how to use Photoshop. If you’re a business owner or independent contractor, you can use the current lockdown to enhance your marketability by learning how to use the internet’s most popular photo editing tool. There are an endless number of YouTube tutorials available showing you how to do almost anything on Photoshop — so don’t be afraid to dive in, even if you’re less tech-inclined. Just looking to play around with photos? Consider downloading GIMP, a free Photoshop alternative for Mac.
Looking for a creative way to get together with family and friends after the current lockdown ends? Pretty in Paint Parties is currently booking advance reservations for adult painting parties in McHenry County and beyond! Give our team a call today at 800-851-9512 to learn more or get started!